Why do I do this work?
I care because women & mothers matter. Our wisdom is greatly needed in this world.
“As a mother of 2 daughters, I have learned that the best approach to motherhood (& life) is ; learn to open to (and cope with) the unexpected, be compassionate wherever possible & give yourself what you want most for your children.”Nelia DeAmaral
I care because……
….. I want you to have the energy & confidence to live fully.When was the last time you truly felt like yourself? At “home” in your body? Feelings of trust, joy & confidence are essential to being your best self in the world. >Read my article on self-love and “shoulds”
……..Being a human is hard…and caring for other humans can feel impossible! I have seen the tremendous impact on women’s well-being, and the well-being of their families when experienced, meaningful support is available. I care about your mental, physical, emotional & spiritual well-being.
…….. This generation of children need us to be present. It’s not an easy world they are growing up in, and I am here to share tools to help you be the mom they deserve.
……I know the difference a “village” of support can make. My village is vital to my well-being, and you need a village too. Parenting at every stage has unique challenges, and we all need help to parent with courage and grace.
I am not a perfect mother, partner or even a perfect coach. But I have learned to acknowledge my strengths, and work on growing in ways that make me feel inspired and motivated. I would like to help you do the same.
My Professional Background
My practice includes individual & group coaching as well as training for professionals. My work creates a warm, focused space, where self-compassion & personal growth can occur.
- HBSc, Degree in Psychology with Specialized training in Depression & Anxiety
- Member of the OACCPP (Ontario Association of Consultants, Counsellors, Psychometrists & Psychotherapists)
- Graduate Certificate in Solution-Focused Therapy
- Registered Psychotherapist with the College of Registered Psychotherapists of Ontario (CRPO.CA)
- Experienced Mindfulness teacher & Certified Yoga & Meditation Teacher, teaching since 1997
- Certificates in spiritual practices such as Angel & Soul Coaching with Doreen Virtue
- Published author & International trainer for other professionals
- Certificates in Birth Trauma Healing, and Birth Art, Advanced Birthing From Within Childbirth Mentor
- I’ve received a great local review on Mommy Connections and was listed as one of Milton’s top yoga teachers
“Nelia is an outstanding Mentor!”Pam England