“As a mother of 2 daughters, I have learned that the best approach to motherhood (& life) is ; learn to open to (and cope with) the unexpected, be compassionate wherever possible & give yourself what you want most for your children.”
Why do I do this work?
I care because women & mothers matter. Our wisdom is greatly needed in this world.
Nelia is an outstanding Mentor!” Pam England, MA, CNM, Author & Founder of Birthing From Within
I care because……
….. When you don’t feel good enough, you can’t fulfill the purpose you have in this life. We feel lost & sometimes disconnected from our essential feelings of trust, joy & confidence. When is the last time you felt like “yourself”? “At home” in your body? Relaxed and open? Every one of us deserves to feel this way. An empowered, joyful woman is a tremendous gift to the world.
……..Being a human is hard…being a human, caring for other humans, sometimes feels impossible! I have seen the tremendous impact on women’s well-being, and the well-being of their families when experienced, meaningful support is available. I care about your mental, physical, emotional & spiritual well-being.
…….. This generation of children need us to be present in ways that no one every taught us how to do, but I can help you with the tools to figure out how to be the best mom you can be.
……I have a “village” of help too and I can’t be my fullest self without them. I needed help when my babies were born, when they were little, and now as a mother a big kids. Life continues to challenge me, and I meet it with as much courage and grace as I can muster. I have a team of people to support me. I need this.
I am not a perfect mother, partner or even a perfect coach. But I have learned to acknowledge my strengths, and work on growing in ways that make me feel inspired and motivated. I would like to help you do the same.
My Professional Background
My practice includes individual& group coaching as well as training for professionals. My work creates a warm, focused space, where self-compassion & personal growth can occur.
Professional experience includes…
- HBSc, Degree in Psychology with Specialized training in Depression & Anxiety
- Member of the OACCPP (Ontario Association of Consultants, Counsellors, Psychometrists & Psychotherapists)
- Graduate Certificate in Solution-Focused Therapy
- Experienced Mindfulness teacher & Certified Yoga & Meditation Teacher, teaching since 1997
- Certificates in spiritual practices such as Angel & Soul Coaching with Doreen Virtue
- Published author & International trainer for other professionals
- Certificates in Birth Trauma Healing, and Birth Art, Advanced Birthing From Within Childbirth Mentor
- I’ve received a great local review on Mommy Connections and was listed as one of Milton’s top yoga teachers